Carlos Vela open to Arsenal return

Real Sociedad attacker Carlos Vela has admitted to El Diario Vasco that a return to his former side Arsenal could happen this summer.

When Vela joined the Basque side in 2011 the Gunners reportedly only gave up 50 percent of his "rights," and retained the option to re-sign the Mexico international for just four million euros.
That price tag looks especially good value now after Vela scored 16 goals in 37 league games as his team finished seventh in the 2013-14 Primera Division table -- leading to speculation that the Mexican could either line up at the Emirates next summer, or be bought and then immediately sold with Arsenal making a profit on the deal.

The 25-year-old told El Diario Vasco that he hoped all the parties involved could come to an agreement which left everyone content.
"We will try and reach an agreement in which we all win, la Real, Arsenal and me," Vela said. "We must see what can be done. We will decide what will be my future, it is all about finding the best way to be happy."

Vela's 16 goals left him la Real's top scorer for the season -- level with France international Antoine Griezmann -- something he said was a source of pride.
"[Being topscorer] makes me proud," Vela said. "I do not play for these awards, but I want to say that not just I was happy with my work, the fans were also left satisfied."
The Mexican first joined Arsenal aged 17 in 2008, and struggled to settle in England, but said he was confident he would not have similar problems should he play in London again.
"I did not have as many chances as I wanted and I had to try something new," he said. "If I have to return to London I will do things in a different way. What happened in the past will not be repeated."

No comments:

Post a Comment

grids

cars

three columns

health